Marked For Death
Marked For Death is a game made by myself (Sanchit Sharma) and published by Shades of Vengeance. I know that some people struggle with the animated titles below, so click on either of them to turn them into normal text.
Marked for Death is a (moderately comedic) FATE module about assassins and their contracts. Featuring:
- Fireballs and other magic!
- High-value targets!
- A total lack of choice in who you kill!
- Oh so many total party kills!
- And did I mention fireballs?
Want to take down your target with magic? Long distance with a bow? Up close and personal? It's your choice!
The game expands upon the Fate core rules, aiming to make the game more difficult than Fate as-written. The system
penalises players for trying to take all the spotlight for themselves, encouraging them to work as a team, and the
consequences for not doing so are often deadly!
Of course, deadly consequences can also ensue if they do... But those are the ones the players are hoping for!
There are also three GM aids in the book to help co-ordinate games:
- Reaction Points to help manage global awareness of the team.
- Mook Creation to allow enemies to be created on the fly.
- Squad Combat to streamline large combats.
One of the Kickstarter rewards was a short campaign written by myself. I'm now releasing this campaign for free online, as it has been enough time since the Kickstarter to give the backers that paid for it their value. If you like, you can download the campaign below to give you a five-session introduction to the system and what it can do.
Where to Buy
- Shades of Vengeance
- Ed Jowett for writing, editing, layout and the main logo. Sofia Michailidou for artwork.
- Special Thanks
- Nathan Barber, Aviv Beeri, Ed Jowett, Sotirios Karamitsos, Kit Keighley for support and advice.
- Nathan Barber, James Bates, Aviv Beeri, Dave Burns, Daniel Clay, Edward Da Fonseca, Ed Jowett, Sotirios Karamitsos, Kit Keighley, Sean Leong, Thomas Mitchell, Tim Morris, Noor Mulheron, Alfie Saville, Mark Saville, Jonah Seidmann, Zach Smith, Robin Thomas, Zoe Vallis, Andrew Watkins and Tom Whiting.
- Chirag Asnani, Phillip Bailey, Nathan Barber, Aviv Beeri, Magnus Bergqvist, B. Bredthauer, Stephanie Bryant, Gregory Chandler, Tim Ellis, Zono Eyah, Brenden Fettis, Edward Da Fonseca, Iulia Gherman, Ghost, Terry L. Gilbert, Jr., Mitchell Giles, Jack Gulick, Benedict Harcourt, James Husum, Jeff John, Aaron Jones, Lee and Keri Keasal, Kit Keighley, Ed Kowalczewski, Marcel Lotz, Marc Margelli, Tom Mitchell, Nimbral, Teppo Pennanen, Brian S Piorkowski, Frédéri “Volk Kommissar Friedrich” POCHARD, Random, Tom Rivlin, Fredrik R Sellevold, Ted Swalwell, David Terhune, Tytnt, Duncan Usher-McGee, Zeb Walker, Timothy J. Watkins, SE Weaver, wraith808
Fate™ is a trademark of Evil Hat Productions, LLC. The Powered by Fate logo is Ⓒ Evil Hat Productions, LLC and is used with permission.